We just had enough time to have a snack, do some Internet work, get to our hotel (one block from the place where Kathrin's Guilford courses meet), change our clothes, and then go to the opera

Where we saw/heard Verdi's Falstaff sung in Italian with German "super-titles" - I don't know what else to call the projected German translations of the Italian lyrics, because the words appeared ABOVE the performers, almost on the ceiling.
Kathrin's Guilford group was almost all there, and we got to meet quite a few of them. I claimed a combination of jet lag and head cold as my excuse for falling asleep, and we departed after two acts because we were hungry. The Opera House might be even more spectacular inside than outside, and I thought this was a wonderful opportunity.
One of the most satisfying things so far has been to hear Kathrin describe her delight with her "Roman Holiday" - especially with the opportunity to get to know cousin Lynn and have some good times together even without the benefit of all the rest of the well-intended and fascinating relatives, myself included! Kathrin is really looking forward to Lynn's visit to Munich in a couple weeks and to visiting Lynn in the US eventually, too.
As parent/uncle, this is a wonderful fringe benefit to these two having what sound like terrific educational/travel/fun opportunities!
Love,
Steve
1 comment:
What a great report,it makes the reader feel like they were there.
I hope that your trip continues to
be wonderful! Love,Bets
Post a Comment