Saturday, March 11, 2006

What a Day!

Here in Maryland we are having the most amazing Saturday!

Those of you in California have weather like this more often than we do, I think.

It's 75 ish, I am sitting on the back porch occasionally looking up from my laptop computer, wearing shorts and listening to Bach's B MInor mass on my iPod. From this vantage point all's right with the world.

While Steve was out walking earlier, I had the mass on as close to full blast as it would go. He said he heard it all the way down the block. I said, "Great!" Often the music we hear in our yard comes from the cars parked waiting to pick up MOntgomery College students. I feel like I'm working toward balance in the universe by playing this glorious music instead of very heavy bass hip hop. "Not that there's anything wrong with that...."

Kathrin left early this morning to go to a camp meeting in Philadelphia. They'll decide who to offer counselor jobs to this summer. She's very excited about the prospect of lots of new counselors. I was impressed that seemed exciting to her. I thought more about having to bring newbies along and what sort of effort that would mean. But in this, she's more generous of spirit than I would be.

Who knows what the weather will be tomorrow or next week. Snow is possible, I suppose. But today it's perfect and lately I'm trying hard to subscribe to the "be here now" philosophy of life.

No comments: